Louis Boucher’s solitary lifestyle in a remote camp deep in Grand Canyon led to the moniker that endures on many of the Canyon’s place names.
Explore the Southwest with Me
Hi! I'm Jake — a naturalist, writer, and photographer from Arizona. Welcome to my website: Mountain Tripper!
Through stories and photography, my goal is to illuminate the wonders of nature and science here in the American Southwest.
With a background in earth sciences, I have a strong respect for the Earth and the living things that make up the landscape I call home.
Join me as we uncover the stories hidden in the canyons, deserts, and mountains across the Southwest!
- Improved Tracking Spots Decrease in Endangered Squirrel’s Population
- Lawsuit Against Forest Service Over Wild Horses Tossed Out
- Saguaro NP is Now One of 9 Urban Night Sky Places in the World
- Wandering Wolf Update: Wildlife Managers Won’t Capture Asha
- 65-Year-Old Hiker Found Dead on Bright Angel Trail in Grand Canyon
- Field Guide to Arizona’s Sonoran Desert Wildflowers March 18, 2016
- Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R – Telephoto Lens Review May 7, 2017
- Olympus M.Zuiko 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R Lens Review April 28, 2017
- Sony 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS Telephoto Lens Review January 15, 2017
- Best Fujifilm X-Mount Lenses for Landscape Photography March 8, 2017